- 1990 – Don Benefield, M.D. establishes Benefield Eye Care, his private Ophthalmology practice, at the Benefield Clinic Building (home of his dad’s lifelong medical practice.) The clinic was located on the beach in Gulfport, MS.
- 2002 – Dr. Benefield purchases the Benefield Clinic Building and expands his Ophthalmology practice.
- 2004 – Total renovation of medical clinic building began.
- 2005 – Nearly renovated clinic completely destroyed by Hurricane Katrina on August 29th. Benefield Eye Care moved to a temporary “post Katrina” location on Hwy 49 in Gulfport.
- 2006 – New Wavelight LASIK suite installed.
- 2012 – Completion of new state of the art building at 14225 Dedeaux Rd., Gulfport. Benefield Eye Care + Coastal Eye Surgery Center, an onsite Outpatient Surgery Center.
Whether you are 8 years old or 80, our goal at Benefield Eye Care is to provide a comfortable, informed, individualized experience each and every time we see you.
We think it’s important to talk to you about your lifestyle so we can help you find solutions that allow you to fully enjoy the lifestyle you desire.
With so many choices resulting from today’s technology, our physicians and staff take time to listen to your questions and explain the options available for your particular situation.
We have helped thousands of people enjoy better vision. Our goal is to provide you with the freedom to see that gives you the greatest experience possible for doing the things you love.